Thursday, August 28, 2014

The cat's in the mail

Wednesday was my day to attack the yard. It's not exactly hot, yet not completely pleasant either - but I was psyched up for a thorough weeding and trimming day. A day that I could stay in my grubbies from morning until night, only coming in to take care of business. But my quilt business threw a seam ripper into my plans. I got the notice that Felina the Purrfect Kitty Quilt sold! Just when I was rethinking this whole new puffy quilt technique, mostly for lack of room for storing them, Felina is out the kitty door and on the way to Washington.

Switching gears from outside grass to inside crafts, Felina needed my attention. A quick twirl around the dryer's fluff cycle, some more trimming of errant threads, it was time to find a box. My typical size quilt fits in the medium USPS Priority box, but this quilt is a chubby one. After having half our box supply in the garage fall down on my head, I was still in search for the proper shipping container. I found it in the empty Vitamix blender box. I love my refurbished Vitamix so much, I'm not ever sending it back. And it fit Felina purrrrfectly, so we had our cat box. Without the litter. Or the smell. Or the kitty business.

After getting the width, height, length and weight of my box entered in, the shipping label instantly appears. This whole new shipping process on Etsy is amazing. If they make it any easier they'll send little elves over to pick it up and make a post office delivery. I would still take it myself and set the elves loose in the yard, because those weeds are still waiting.

Really cute fabric...
...made for a pretty kitty.
Be good, use the box, don't shed.