Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Greens make you cute!



Since trying to downsize our life and declutter, I'm not one to buy books anymore on anything diet related, I tend to just find the answers on YouTube. That can be a daunting task - trying to filter out the whacky content, the people who can't speak without swearing, and the people who just really need to take the advice of Thumper's mommy as told to Bambi, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." If Thumper's mommy had a YouTube channel, I would subscribe, because she certainly would know how to prepare rabbit food.

I found a person who posts lots of raw vegan recipes on YouTube, she doesn't swear and she eats lots of healthy foods while keeping on a real person's budget. TannyRaw uses the term "Greens make you cute", which it seems to have done for her. I don't know if cuteness is in reach for me at this point, but I'm hoping at least for a bit more perky. I'm incorporating tons of greens in my diet, and feeling pretty good. In fact, as I go to sleep, I can't wait to wake up and have a green smoothie, even on the cold mornings we've been having. 

The hard part has been gauging how many to buy, because when I get home from produce shopping I can hardly find room in the refrigerator (we have a small one). But then a few days later I'm scrambling to find enough for the dinner salad. Keeping all the scraps has helped, the innards of kale leaves are pretty tough, but the Vitamix doesn't know the difference. And the ends of herbs that were too woody for a salad are also getting thrown in my morning green smoothies. Sometimes Ernst has a hard time choking down the weirder of the concoctions, and yes the radish greens were a bit bitter, but greens are greens, as I'm sure Thumper's mommy would tell him.


Found a ladybug in the organic celery. I let her free, poor cold baby.

Nori wraps are green, right?

Green and blue makes a yummy breakfast.

Dandelion greens.
I had to fight off some mommy bunnies for these.

Kale salad is my new must have dinner.

That's what my green smoothie looks like with a full amount of produce,

The last of the greens.
They are ugly.
But they are green.
And greens make you cute.

There is green in there, I promise.
Time to go shopping.