Friday, August 12, 2011

The Valentina Quilt Sold

I made this quilt from vintage chenille bedspreads that my neighbor gave me. There is so much of this stuff still out there, there are some hilariously loud and garish chenille blankets with peacocks and big bright flowers, straight out of the 1950's.

The patterns on this sweet little baby quilt are mild in comparison. I love the look of it, but this was hard to work with, plus I had the great idea to tie it with cotton fringe pieces from another upcycled bedspread. Turned out cute, but my poor fingers.

This was its description on Etsy:



Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt

Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES
zoom
Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES Valentina, the Chenille Chic Wonder Quilt RESERVED FOR TIGERWAVES
Freshly laundered just for you, here is a vintage chenille tied quilt with yummy ice cream sherbet colors - pinks, greens, and soft oranges. The back is from a Ralph Lauren fabric, stripes in all the same yummy soft colors.

This quilt is all vintage, even down to the ties, which are from the fringe of another vintage chenille blanket. Plus the backing is re-purposed fabric. This is an earth friendly, feel good quilt. OK, the inside is new White and Warm batting. And if you want to get technical, the thread is new. So it is old on the outside, new on the inside. Like Joan Rivers, but in reverse!

Did I really write that? Apparently I did.


The Valentina quilt will be going to Africa! That part is really exciting for me. Because it was difficult to sew with, this may be my first and last all chenille blanket. Some quilts are harder to send off than others, this is one of my all time faves. But business is business, time to get sewing. Friday night, the fluff will fly!