Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A bovine blanket is born

I about had a cow when I found this fabric at the Goodwill store.


That same day, I found another piece of fabric that matched well - a pink, white and yellow geometric print. Today I found a really cute pink calico in the remnant bin at the fabric store, and I was in "udder" heaven.
.
It was supposed to rain today and I was still feeling drooly from a trip to the dentist, so I decided to stick around the pasture and sew up a rag quilt. Coming up for air and water a few hours later, I was really happy with the results. The quilt is in the wash now getting all fuzzy and cute for its debut on Etsy. I may have to wait for some sunshine to photograph the finished project, but it's basically done and I can mooooove on to other things.

I was butchered by a vegan!

All Squared Up

Chicken Pot Pie

This was my other project today, inspired by the Chicken Pot Pie on Pretty Yummy Foods. There is no chicken, there is no pie, it's not exactly in a pot, but it was meatless and it was dinner. The plops of Trader Joe's pizza dough on top sort of turned out like hockey pucks, but they were pretty yummy hockey pucks.