Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How I hung out on Earth Day

Monday was Earth Day. I don't think it noticed much difference.

My stubborn refusal to buy paper towels and paper napkins - is it because I'm "green" or just because I'm cheap? A little of both, but it's all good. Reduce - Reuse - Recycle - Refuse to buy stuff that you only use once. (No worries, we still use TP.)

Now that the weather is so nice and warm, it's time to get our clothesline up at the new house. We have a set of two retractable units that will be anchored to the covered patio just like at the old house. They provide lots of room for hanging out the laundry, but they can be coiled back when we don't want our guests whacking their heads on our unmentionables. Installing this is one of the many things on our Spring Summer-to-do-List. Until then, I have to make due with a rack type dryer from IKEA. Now if we could just find that big box of time we lost in the move...we know it's somewhere...as soon as we unpack it we can get to work on that Spring Summer Fall List.


Needing more elbow room.

Needing more elbow grease.





photo credit - nasa.gov