Friday, August 23, 2013

Sheep Pops


Eat me, I'm not baaaaaad!


It's Friday night, I have my feet up on the coffee table, my books packed away where I can't see them and my mind set on silent mode. I got through week one of Pioneer School!






How have I survived the week not eating any beef, pork, chicken, eggs, butter, milk or wheat? Salads - the trick has been giant salads for both lunch and dessert. I must say, they didn't make it easy to say no.

There were gorgeous cakes...

... innocent looking mini cupcakes...

...really big, in your face chocolate cakes...

...and the cutest sheep-themed cake pops ever!
I stuck to the veggies, fruit and salads. Poor, poor me.

Plant Powered Pioneers
Besides making me look like a shrimp, which by the way is also not on my diet, my partner in eating is Jackie. I about screamed when I walked into class the first day and saw her there. We are on the RBC drink crew together. She is one of the most amazing young women I have ever met.

She survived leukemia when she was 17, fought Stanford Hospital as a minor over her medical decisions, went through traditional and alternative treatments and came out alive and happy. She and her whole family are now strict vegans. She's a hero in my book, not because of what she went through, but because of the attitude she came out of it with. She is so excited to reach 30 in a few years because there was a time she thought she might not.

Jackie and I are the salad queens of the school. But for next week? Less food period - I'm about to pop!




Jerry and I were in the 2005 class together!

My buddy Laura, we arrive together each morning and she's always on time.

From the Romanian Congregation
Jesse - Igor - Alex
Sheep Mom - Laura - Rafaela - Irina