Sunday, January 23, 2011

My first Moldovan baby shower

Today I'll attend my first Moldovan baby shower. Somehow I doubt they will play the silly games, like who has the poopy diaper made from a tissue? Or how many jelly beans in the baby bottle? Probably there will be lots of food and maybe some dancing?
The way they do bridal showers is wonderful. They pool their money, and a few of them go to Ross and buy a bunch of stuff: sheets, blankets, pans, dishes, glasses. Then they just bring it all to the shower, not wrapped and say a little something about each item before giving it to the bride. Like "here are the dishes you will use to serve us food when we come to your house."  No cards, no wrapping paper, no pressure!





 So I think I'll just put a ribbon around this thing and bring it.