Sunday, March 20, 2011

What a night

We went to dinner at our friend's last night, lots of fun and good food. I spent time with their 5 year old, coloring Hello Kitty. She is the cutest little thing, she speaks 3 languages - Romanian, Russian and English. She spent about half an hour trying to help me roll my Rs. I can only do it if the word starts with a T, otherwise spit is involved and it is more trouble than it is worth. I think the train left the station for my tongue to make that sound.

We got to sleep around 1am, not too bad. It was raining so hard it was like a hose was pointed at the window, and the wind was howling like mad. Just got to sleep, and the car alarm was triggered by the wind! So not much sleep for ol' insomniac Jessie.

I am so excited to get on that plane and rest. No itinerary, no plans, no expectations. This is embarrassing to admit, but I don't think I could point to where Beijing is on a map of China. Not a very prepared traveler, I must say. If knowledge is power, than I will be very weak. Two weeks to get educated about the country that makes 90% of the products in our home. And two weeks to catch up with some great friends. Finally, here we go.