Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Teodora Quilt

My first post-China sewing project, finally. This little lap quilt turned out really sweet and feminine. I am trying out a new size, 49 squares down from 64, which is down from 80 which is down from 100. So my blankets have halved in size from when I first made them. Pretty soon I'll be selling one square quilts!

This size is so much more manageable, it can be washed in a regular washing machine. My mother-in-law bought me a new front loader for the big quilts, I used to go to the laundromat (not too much fun in this neighborhood). My baby quilts are either 25 or 35, I can whip those out in no time, but they don't seem as popular on Etsy.

Our yard is in full blown springtime. Molly is wrecking havoc with her squirrel chasing. She destroyed half of my rock rose by pouncing on it, I was not happy with her. The Sunset Garden book says rock roses "resist heavy pruning" so there are no positives. And she lays all over the place, smashing bulbs and flowers. Kodie was a digger and a plant eater, and we fenced in things from him. Molly does her damage unintentionally, but she packs a punch. And she just leaps over the barriers Super Girl style. We are waiting for her to grow up!
The Teodora Quilt

Shabby chic all the way
Molly on squirrel patrol

some volunteers
Super Squirrel Girl

Irises on steroids

Rock rose survivors

Three cheers for the bees!