Friday, April 29, 2011

Halfway through a 10 day Master Cleanse

First of all let me say this: I don't even "believe" in fasting or juicing. I think the best way to eat food is naturally, close to its original form, organically and mostly stuff that was once alive, but didn't have a heart. (Artichokes with hearts are OK.)

I have been trying to eat this way for quite a while, and I feel pretty good. But not great. I have woke up every morning for a long time now with really bad lower back pain. Like my lower back wanted to be in another person's body, a younger person's body.  I was convinced we needed a new mattress.

Last Friday I met a mom and daughter at our RBC work that were doing the Master Cleanse. Thought they were crazy, but they said they felt great and were not even hungry. For 10 days they were drinking a concoction of lemon juice, water, Grade B maple syrup and cayenne pepper. OKAAAY, sounded simply awful.

I went from that to, it can't hurt, might help, it would save us some food $$!

Started Monday, woke up Wednesday morning with no back pain. None. So is it all in my head? Might be, but for now I'll take it.

Here is the plan. I'll do it for the 10 days, I feel great and I'm amazingly not hungry. Then I'll start eating like a baby newly on solids. Try something for a few days, see what happens and then try something else. I think I'll start with bananas. No one is allergic to bananas, right? Then apples, then maybe some salmon so I don't turn into a lump of powder. (Do fish have hearts?)

There has to be something that is causing this and I am determined to find out. And the answer cannot be age, there must be something else! I'm out of lemons, must go on a citrus run.