Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cookie Cutting on a Hot Day

Mid September, after a nice cool summer, is putting in one last little kick. I decided to cut out some fabric on the back patio today. It was getting really hot with not one bit of breeze. I was getting frustrated and annoyed, hot and bothered. Then the breeze came, the quilt squares started to blow away, the comforter on the clothes line started blowing onto my cutting table. With this quilt, the phrase of the day was That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles, because it will be a Cookie Quilt!

includes a skirt I always regretted wearing when I passed a mirror

so cute!!

the sad crumbs
This stinkin' cute fabric came from the thrift store. Somebody at one point went at it with a vengeance, but there were several squares left, enough to make a themed quilt of gingerbread cookies. It even has a recipe on it, but I don't know how useful it will be after I sew the quilting X right across it. I ran out of steam after my fight with the heat and then the wind, so I put it away rather than try to sew mad. Sewing when one is hot and bothered is never a good idea. It leads to nervous pets, wasted thread, concerned neighbors and much use of the seam ripper. I'll put this one on the back burner for a few days.