Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Why did the pig cross the road?



To get to the other side so he could sniff the doggie's business end!


The animals here are free to roam and mingle and they get along better than most humans. Except for the sniffing, we could learn a lot from Romanian farm animals.

On the subject of sniffing, I used my first Romanian public toilet today at a train station. Compared to China's toilets? Less stinky, but much cruder. There was no door, so I just got in and got out and was glad I survived. I took a picture of the hole in the ground, but Ernst deemed it TMI. He has yet to use a public toilet here, so he is not as proud as I am of my accomplishment.


Blech!
One wrong move and I'd be coming home with Ernestina.

Going with the flow is the best survival tool for Eastern Europe.

Some random things said in the last 12 hours:

  • Hot fizzy water is just so not refreshing.
  • Is it a house or a barn? It has lace curtains - must be a house.
  • What good are hands if you can't use them to eat stuffed cabbage rolls?
  • We'll start where the turkeys end.
  • Gum - the original tripod.
  • Burning garbage smells a lot like pot.
  • I've got to work on my male moose call.
  • Did she just ask for a ride to Bulgaria?
  • Something died in Jesse's buttonhole.

Ending on a positive note, we are having a wonderful time.