Sunday, November 13, 2011

Photos from 11-11-11

Way too much food? Beautiful people? Circle dances? A botched ceremony that didn't have the couple married until a do-over by the minister? A dancing bear? It must have been a Moldovan wedding!

Cousins and cousins-in-law



Fun Size is catching up to me in height!

the forever misspelled place cards



For the ceremony that made me cry, my SD card was not working. What brought on the tears? It was when our friend Micah, who happens to be Igor's boss, walked Rafaela down the aisle. So very, very sweet. I wasn't expecting it and it made me so emotional. Much later in the evening Micah did a skit reenacting the different stages in Igor's life, ending up in a bear costume on a skateboard wearing a pink tutu! Totally Micah all the way. The fact that everyone loved it and it was not strange in any way to have a bear in a tutu at a fancy wedding? That's where the Moldovan culture kicked in. Love it.

The dancing was fun and crazy, Rafaela was simply beautiful and the company was great. We had to leave a little early since I had to work and Ernst has a cold. We stayed for one last dance, and that is when I had the little run-in. As in our circle dance ran into another circle dance and I got someone's elbow smacked into my collar bone. Ouch! That was my last dance for the night. I thought I was prepared this time. I brought booties and ear plugs. Silly of me to forget the full body armor. Next wedding: pack the football pads.